Saturday, January 1, 2011

The New Year

My kids woke us up yesterday, excited to share their New Year's Resolutions they had been working on that morning. I'm not much for such things myself, so I'm not sure why they felt like they should make formal lists when we as parents have never encouraged it, but I thought it was cute and they made me laugh. Especially the optional ones.


Cassidy's New Year's Resolutions
Be active
Be nice to Braden
Play with Braden
Get assignments in on time
Listen the first time
Get 100% ready on time
Write in my journal



Braden's New Year's Resolutions
Don't chomp and smack
Sleep in
Be nice
Don't wake Cassie up
Don't be a jerk
Don't fart (optional)
Talk nicely

8 comments:

Karen said...

I sure do wish Ethan would take a lesson from Cassidy listen the first time! And I wish Mike would take a lesson from Braden and not fart, though he may be in pain the whole year!

Happy new year!

Angela said...

That is so hallarious! Jaycee and Garrett are the same age as Cassidy and Braden. I could hear Jaycee saying the same thing as far as be nice to Garrett and get 100% ready on time. Since Garrett is a boy they all apply, except sleep in. He could also add don't burp (optional). Kids are KIDS!! We were in the mall today in Famous Footwear. Jaycee wants a pair of black boots because "all the girls have them." This mom is not much of a shopper, so my kids are usually the last ones to have them. Anyway, she takes off her shoes to try the boots on and NO SOCKS. Is it not 20 degrees outside? This isn't the first time she has done this either! Listen the first time, also applies! Thanks for making me laugh!

LM said...

If we could all make a goal to be nice I think we would all be better off! Great job Cassidy and Braden!

Nicki said...

We got your Christmas card today. LOVED IT! And congrats on baby #5! That is wonderful news! I didn't get around to sending out cards this year, sorry. Maybe next year :)

Clayton and Noelle said...

We especially love the don't fart (optional) resolution. That was a really good laugh!!

Amy said...

I think Braden has the right idea. Next to Amy's NY Resolution list they would all read optional....because most don't come about!

It is good to know that farting IS optional....my family tends to think it is required.

ellen said...

Good luck with the no farting. :)

Melissa said...

Hahaha! That's just awesome!