Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Snoozing on the Matterhorn

IMG_0745.jpg
Have you ever fallen asleep on a roller coaster? If you consider what is the infant-equivalent of a roller coaster, then Rachel's nap in the Jumperoo could possibly be "Falling Asleep on Space Mountain/The Ninja/Colossus."
IMG_0744.jpg

On the update front, she did not go pants-less again after The Incident in the Crib. The good news is she didn't need to (whew!). The rash and the Big D are gone. She was still a somewhat iffy after a week of the Culturelle probiotics, so her doctor recommended a few days on Isomil soy formula to give her little tummy a rest from the proteins in regular formula. That did the trick. I'm so glad she doesn't have to drink soy all the time.

I had the same feeling about soy formula as I do about baby food peas - slight revulsion. Isomil has a very strange - okay, nasty - odor, and I found myself mouth-breathing every time I made her a bottle. "Here, drink this. You'll love it. I had to hold my breath while I made it for you. Nothing but the best for my baby!"

6 comments:

soccer mom said...

I have several pictures of Brighton asleep in the jumper as well. She even did it about a month ago. It was quite entertaining to watch the falling asleep process with all the noise and lights going on. I'm glad to hear Rachel is over her bout with both the Big D and the soy formula.

liz said...

Can you believe that my sister comments on blogs? What has gotten into her?

Anyway, I'm glad Rachel likes the jumper. I miss it!

The Lindsay's said...

Those pictures are precious! I must say that I share your revulsion of the smell of formula. The one thing worse then that is the child burping after drinking the stinky stuff. Gross.

Karen said...

Man she looks comfy!

Shantelle said...

love the cute pics
Thanks for the update on the big D--I thought that story was entertaining,but I was worried for you and her for awhile after that post. You're such a great mom!

Amy Simms said...

I agree. Not many things smell worse than soy formula as far as I am concerned! So glad she is feeling better, and I love how babies fall asleep in those jumper thing-a-ma-bobs. So cute!