This Wednesday, October 20th, is our daughter Rachel's 2nd birthday. She loved music, and we hope you will join us and "Rock Out for Rachel" in her memory. We invite you to wear her favorite color, pink, and take a few minutes to listen to a rock song or two in her honor.
We'd love to know who celebrated her life with us, so please feel free to leave a comment on her birthday and let us know what you rocked out to!
10 comments:
B flat major, It is so good to see your post. We will love to rock out for your Rachel on wed. My five year old Kyle's favorite song is "Eye of the Tiger" from Rocky. My 18 mo old Brooklyn rocks back and forth in her car seat and tries to sing along when she hears it. She also "tries" to sing along at church (sometimes at the top of her lungs) to the hymns.
God Bless You!!! Angela
Emma's already wearin' pink and I will as soon as I shower. And you know how much Ethan loves KISS and that we will for sure be rockin' today...just for Rachel!!
I listened to Aerosmith, Green Day, and Ac/Dc on my way to school today. I'm wearing my pink argyle sweater, my flowery pink argyle flats, and a pink bow in my hair. Love you.
Ashlyn and I wore pink today and we listened to Rag Doll while Caden danced his heart out. We thought of you all day. Happy Birthday Rachel!
Thinking about you all day--even went RUNNING while listening to some rock tunes for Rachel (and Rebecca!)! Love you, Tami
I turned on the radio to the rock station (yes, we only have one here in Logan), and the first song was Tesla's Love Song. While more a power ballad than something you really rock out to, the lyrics hit me differently than usual.
So you think that it's over,
That your love has finally reached the end.
Any time you call, night or day,
I'll be right there for you if you need a friend.
...
Love will find a way.
...
I know.
Next up was The Doors - Break on Through and The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again, some good air drum/guitar for the people in the car next to me.
You were in our thoughts all day. Pink was worn and songs were heard. We're glad we could be part of this celebration of a beautiful little girl. Happy Birthday Rachel.
Sariah ate oatmeal for breakfast in Rachel's honor, we each wore pink, and we rocked out to the tunes all afternoon long!
Thanks for letting us celebrate her life as well.
Update--we totally rocked out to a little KISS and a little Def Leppard all day long. Emma even head banged a little...
Sorry I missed the actual day...just saw your post. I will take care of "rocking out" tomorrow and will wear a little pink. Thanks for the new post, always good to hear from you. Arlene
Post a Comment