Today I am grateful for my family. I have good kids: obedient, funny, fun-loving, and well-behaved. Every mom has days that she wants to give them away to the gypsies, but today is a day I want to keep them.
Nathan is working hard at the office, and I am grateful he is such a hard worker for our family and is a good provider. He is a good dad. He honors the mother of his children, and he helps me discipline them instead of leaving me hung out to dry when the going gets tough. He's willing to bathe them, change them, read to them, and do Huck-a-Monkey at bedtime. He even lets them tag after him when he's doing projects so they can 'help' and maybe learn a little. (You should have seen Braden fixing the sprinkler heads with him last week!)
On a sidenote, yesterday was house-cleaning day, and since it is summer break Cassidy joined Braden in the chores. I did all jobs that required cleanser, and between the two of them they completed the dusting and vacuuming. At the end Cassidy proclaimed how tired she was and then stated, "It feels so good to do service." When I remarked that what she had just done was not service, but in fact, was a part of living in a family, her brow furrowed, and she developed a rather baffled look on her face. I guess we'll work some more on the definition of service in that it mostly refers to things you don't 'have' to do!
4 comments:
Ethan loves to hang out with Mike and follow him around too. When Mike has to fix something and has his tools out, Ethan runs to get his tools and "help" Dad.
I wish I could get Lauren and Matthew to love (even like) to "service" around here!
PS. can I add your blog to my list?)
Dads that do bath time are the best! So what is Huck a monkey?
FYI (special for Amy): Huck A Monkey is basically swinging a kid by the same side arm and leg and tossing them into bed like a monkey jumping off a tree branch. It is accompanied by the enthusiastic shout, "1-2-3 Huck a Monkey!" Rebecca calls it Hunky Monkey.
Post a Comment