I get kudos for the most effective use of blogging. Although it was completely unintentional, the culprit behind the Garage Graffiti incident of '09 was discovered when said culprit's mother read my blog! I'm not going to name any names, but since Braden's name was misspelled, we knew it wasn't our own son. (Believe me, I thought about that scenario before moving on to other suspects!)
A few days after my post, a friend from the neighborhood brought her sheepish child over to apologize. He or she was very cute and said, "I'm sorry I drew on your door." The mother knew her child had been in possession of a red dry erase marker (which would explain why it was so hard to get off with the wet Mr. Clean Eraser) and got suspicious after seeing the picture I posted. After a few pointed questions she was able to get the truth about the incident. Nathan had gotten most of it off, but since my friend wanted her child to have the experience of 'making restitution,' they touched up the garage door with some white enamel paint and her son/daughter bought me a new box of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to replace the one we used up cleaning off the door.
All's well that ends well.
2 comments:
Congrats on having it all work out.
It sure sucks when you get caught as a kid. One summer we got teepeed REALLY bad...soap rubbed into brick, ketchup and mustard squirted all over bushes, bad words written on cars and sidewalks...well as we were scrubbing everything a neighbor lady walked by and asked what we were doing. We explained what had happened and she turned around. A few minutes later HER kids all came up sheepishly and had to take over the yard work and cleanup. Too bad all kids have to learn the hard way. I am glad it all worked out.
Post a Comment