At one week past 6 months old, I found Rachel's first tooth through this morning! All our other kids have been 7-8 months old and incredibly grouchy with a runny nose or cold symptoms for a few weeks beforehand, so having a little tooth poke through out of nowhere with no warning was a pleasant surprise.
Rachel is getting bigger - she's gained another pound, and she gives wet, slobbery, open mouth kisses when I ask her too. It's kind of a waste to lay her down on a blanket to play, because she rolls over and over to get to where she can see the flashing lights of the television or get to an out of reach toy. I still at least try to keep her in the blanket's vicinity though, because now that she is eating solid food, it's not as quick to wipe up orange urp. :-) Last night I even saw her up on her elbows trying to push herself off with her knees; but since she's not strong enough to lift her stomach off the ground, we've still got a good month or so before she can truly crawl.
I love this age for a baby. This is when it starts to get good.
3 comments:
What a fun surprise! My third surprised me with early teething. The other two didn't get their first tooth until 11 months! She is growing up so fast!
Ooh I love that age too! Probably one of my favorites so far.
Agreed. 6 months and up is the best!
Post a Comment