So I realized yesterday that the makers of Febreze have a fundamental problem that has nothing to do with their product's quality. It has to do with human psychology.
Febreze is marketed as an odor neutralizer, meant to rid your home of bad smells and replace them with its own Light Fresh Scent. But in the manner of Pavlov's dog, every time I smell Febreze, I think of vomit. It's not Febreze's fault. Febreze smells fine. But every time I have to clean up barf, I break out the Febreze. So in my mind Vomit + Carpet = Febreze = grossIhatethatsmell. When I see a bottle of Febreze my insides curl up a little and I cringe inside. Not because I don't like it, but because I don't like having to use it. Sorry Febreze, but to me you'll always be a Necessary Evil.
3 comments:
I feel the same about cinnamon air freshener...hello cinnapoo...not my choice!
I can't stand the smell of the soap Mike uses in the shower, I've had to replace it with different scents twice this pregnancy because the smell makes me think that I am still sick! I'm the same way with Ethan's shampoo, replaced again, and the moisturizer I used on my face, again replaced twice!
haha, that's so funny, and so true! It makes me think of cigarette smoke because we bought a car in college that belonged to a smoker. It took like 4 bottle of the stuff to get the smell out. After getting in the car with the first 3 bottles, it smelled like smoke/febreeze. Too funny. My computer's broken again, so I'm just catching up on your blog while I have a second with Jeremy's computer!
Post a Comment