Sunday, May 9, 2010

Best Cousins



This is a picture that Kara took one day when Becca was over playing with Amanda and Lily. We cropped this picture for our new individual picture of Becca. She is SOOOO beautiful! I can only imagine how beautiful she would have been as she grew up.

The day after Rebecca died, Logan mentioned it to Amanda and Lily. Amanda started to cry and said that "Rebecca was my BEST cousin!" She really was. It was so fun to watch the girls all play together - they were all close to the same ages. It was so nice to have best friends that were also cousins.

I miss the girls so much! It's especially hard today...of all the gifts that I wanted to get Brenda today, the one that I couldn't get here was the one that I know she wants the most - the girls. I know that some day we will be able to have them and raise them again. And I know that Brenda will be an excellent mother to them when we get them back...same as she has been (and continues to be) to all our children.

I love you Brenda! I love you Becca and Rachel!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I have a "best cousin" too. We call ourselves "bosom cousins" I don't know what I'd do without her. What a cute picture of Becca!

Jennie said...

Happy Mother's Day Brenda! I thought about you today. I hope it was a good day.

pa - Thanks for all the book tips. I picked Heavenly Surrender. I hope it was good. The mail order bride thing sounded like a good twist. :)

Logan Toone said...

I like this ... although it is coupled with some pangs of sadness, it makes me happy ... deep down.