Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Best Friends



From "Best Cousins" to "Best Friends".

These are Becca's two best friends, "A" and "B" (their names *really* start with "A" and "B"...) She would always want to play with one or the other of them. This is them on a joyschool trip to the pumpkin patch.

I hope to be able to watch these two girls grow - and remember my Becca and see what she would have been able to accomplish had she remained with us.

Yesterday, I had a flashback of a time I had with Rebecca. Back in November, she had a sleep-over at her grandma's house - and was dropped off at my office for me to take her home from here. That day, I was asked to find a city map for a guy who was moving from Philadelphia to Utah...so Becca and I drove around to different places trying to find a map for "my friend Sam" - which is what Becca called him.

She talked about "my friend Sam" for weeks afterwards - which makes me happy that we were able to make those memories together. Every time we drove on Highway 89 (where we did a lot of our looking), she would ask if we were going to find a map for Sam.

I am SOOO grateful that I have memories such as these to help me carry on until the time that I am able to see and hold my girls again.

1 comment:

krista said...

darling! The "Best Cousins", and "Best Friends" posts make my heart ache, but it is nice to know all of these sweet girls still on earth have angels watching from above.