Thursday, May 29, 2008

An Industrious Creature of Habit

This morning in the shower I washed my body before I did my hair.  It felt wrong and rebellious, and I realized there are lots of daily things I do in a certain way.  How sad that all it takes for me to feel a little off is switching up the bathing order!  My fridge is not completely organized, but there are rarely-varying places for the jam, butter, eggs, and sour cream.  We have one-half of a shelf always devoted to yogurt.  I even put the different colored laundry piles in the same places in the hall every Monday.

Idiosyncracies aside, I've been accomplishing a lot these past two days.  The stars and grocery sales aligned and I finally decided to try making freezer meals like some of my neighborhood friends do.  I put together six meals yesterday and three earlier in the week, bringing my total to NINE!!  Not bad for the first try, I think.  I'm also making gingersnaps and four batches of strawberry freezer jam this afternoon.  I suppose if I were a pioneer woman I might scoff at myself and add plowing the back 40 to the list of my accomplishments, but I'm feeling pretty good right now.  Nathan, though supportive of what he thought was a great idea, wondered offhand if this meant somehow in my subconscious that I was going to go into preterm labor like I did with Rebecca's pregnancy and really need those pre-prepared meals . . . I told him not to say stuff like that out loud.

1 comment:

Nekell said...

I have been acting odd too. I have been tearing through my house cleaning odd places I never do. Ha!