The proverbial well has run dry.
But seeing as how the quality of said well's offerings has been under suspicion recently, and given Rachel's progress when seeking libation elsewhere, I am doubtful it will be much of a tragedy that she will now on be receiving sustenance solely from this other source:
Plus she can now hold it on her own, which is a huge Bonus, although I do miss holding her as often. Here's hoping that a shift to 'artificial nutrition' nabs her a weight gain of a couple more pounds in the next month, and gets us back to mixing regular concentration formula sometime soon. Thank goodness for Costco, but it's still going to be pricey. Because of her high calorie weight-gain formula plan, we'll use the equivalent of 12 regular cans of formula a month!
5 comments:
Always a sad day for me! But it really is nice to have a little more freedom :) Can't do it forever(although some mothers do try :)!
Costco rocks! Good luck with your new feeding plan. I hope it helps her put on those pounds!
I stop yesterday too. He was always hungry after a feeding, so formula it is. We are at half soy and half milk based formula right now. But I bet in two weeks we will be on all milk based, which will be nice on our checkbook. Hopefully you will be on regular stuff too soon!
Oh 12 cans! Hopefully she'll get nice and chunky soon.
I'm getting ready to wean Luke too. Only I don't think he's gonna do it so easily as my other two. He loves to breastfeed. And I'm opposite of you, I enjoy it. He'll be 1 at the end of the month so we've been experimenting with sippies and last night we tried some real milk (yeah right as if my milk isn't REAL) and thank goodness he liked it. He hasn't taken bottles or sippies whether it's water, breastmilk, or juice well in the past so this was a victory. I'm really hoping to wean him straight to sippy and whole milk!
Post a Comment