I, too, had a blanket when I was little. I too, dragged it around the house, slept with it every night, and took it on vacation. My Grandma Shirley made it for me. Its name was My Girl Blanket - because it had pictures of girls on it, obviously. Try not to look at the wallpaper, the blanket, my overalls, and the bedspread all at once, or you might get vertigo. Or at least, a mild headache. Sensory OVERload! (I've heard the 80's were a decade of excess, but I didn't realize that applied to children's decor, too!)
I used to sneak out into the hall at night when I was supposed to be sleeping and lay in the hall while my parents watched TV around the corner. The couch in the living room had its back to the hall where I was hiding, so if I was quiet like a mouse they wouldn't find me until they got up to go to bed...
3 comments:
You might take note that the wallpaper and the overalls were the same pattern! I'm not sure what that means...
Wow!! At first glance I thought you WERE part of the wallpaper...then I thought the wallpaper was a blanket held up on the wall. We do need to cut the designers in the 70s a little bit of a break...they did just exit the 60s and A LOT of MJ smoking.
ouch...MY EYES! :) You were the cutest little girl!
Post a Comment