Saturday, April 17, 2010
The Radio Game
Becca loved music - so did Rachel. Here are Becca, Cassidy, and Braden listening to their aunt Katie playing the guitar.
I miss singing with Becca. She was my kindred spirit. She could identify singers of songs - even if she hadn't heard the song before. I loved playing "The Radio Game" with her - by just shuffling my iPod, and having her guess the song (both title and artist). Generally, she could do it within 4 or 5 seconds of the song beginning. Her favorite songs were by Pink, Aerosmith, and Green Day. Her all-time favorite song was "Human" by the Killers. We would sing along to them together, when we were in the car, or even just in the basement after a day of work.
I also loved dancing with Rachel. Every night, I would lay on the couch after dinner, and before bed, and Rachel would come over and want to dance with me - so we would turn on some music, and dance.
I miss dancing. I miss singing. I miss the Radio Game. I can listen to their favorite songs, but I haven't yet been able to just sit down and listen to music for any extended period of time. Hopefully, I'll be able to get to that point again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Becca's musical talents are amazing. I didn't know this about her until the funeral. Her rocker spirit makes me smile.
We're still praying for you guys frequently. Know that we love your family.
Post a Comment