Monday, April 19, 2010

Welcome Home Surprise



When we got home from our trip yesterday, we went to see the park. The boy scouts in our ward, at the suggestion of the Layton City mayor, planted a little memorial area for the girls at the park around the corner from our house. Yellow pansies, rose bushes, and pink flowering trees around a bench...just a few yards from the childrens playground. VERY beautiful, and VERY thoughtful on the part of all those involved. THANK YOU!


8 comments:

The Lindsay's said...

That is so wonderful. It does look beautiful.

Melissa said...

That is so sweet!

Jill said...

We saw it tonight. What a special tribute.

Jennie said...

What a great surprise! I'm so glad they thought of that. It is something you can enjoy each time you are at the park.

Jewels said...

How neat and thoughtful!! We will have to come check it out, my kids love that park. My parents bought us our "Grandpa Brophy" tree when Chad's Dad passed away and I love going in the back yard and seeing it every day. I'm glad you had a great trip-Welcome Home!!

D'Neill said...

So beautiful!

ari said...

I couldn't tell if there was anything "posted" or not, but if you would like us to engrave something on some of those stones we would be happy to do that for you. Also, I don't know if you have a headstone yet, sometimes I know they are slow. If you do not, we would also be happy to make you a temporary one for each of the girls so you will have it until the real one(s) arrive. Just let us know.

B Flat Major said...

Arlene - thanks so much for your kind offers! The headstones have been set at the cemetery for about a month now, so that has been taken care of. We have heard that city plans to put a plaque with the girls' names either on a stone in the garden or on the bench, but they weren't ready by the time the project was completed last week. If we find that is not the case, I'll be sure to contact you!!!