Sunday, May 25, 2008

I had no idea HE sang that song


I like music.  But there are some artists who seem ubiquitous and yet unknowable to me.  Invariably I'll hear a song by them and then hear who the artist is and be surprised.  Seriously, I just can't recognize a single song by Kiss, Bruce Springsteen, The Rolling Stones, and ZZ Top unless their name is printed in front of me.  Pretty weird.  I say they are "Famous for being Famous."  And in some cases, for being talented - on a case by case basis.

5 comments:

Karen said...

You DON'T know ANY of KISS's songs? Who are you? Didn't I teach you anything? I'm pretty sure I know them ALL! You can bprrpw my Best of KISS CD if you'd like.

Anne and Wayne said...

Which song didn't you know KISS sang? Good old Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley, and Peter Criss. Can your mom name the four most famous members of the KISS group? Did you know we once drove all the way to Las Vegas so Karen, Bryan, Donovan and Janae (Kristen was living in St. Louis) could attend a live KISS concert at Mandalay Bay?

Anonymous said...

Um . . . I'm embarrassed to say that I frequently forget that even "Rock and Roll All Night" is a KISS song. Yes, I did know you drove to Vegas to get your Simmons on. Maybe you can ask my mom your KISS trivia question tomorrow at the gym - but I'm pretty sure I know what she'll say!!

Amy Simms said...

I know what you mean. It has always been funny to me that I can sing an entire song but not remember who sings it. I love the new pics on your blog. Your kids look really cute. Sorry I spelt Braden's name wrong in one of my last messages!

Liz Palmer said...

I have the sme probably when it comes to music and not knowing who is singing. That is where Devin comes in. It neve seems to amaze me, that he knows who is singing 99% on the time. Cute blog, check ours out!