Last Friday was house cleaning day. Five year old Braden was assigned to vacuum, and that morning he did the WHOLE house, excluding the stairs and my room. (Which, according to him, is SOOOO big that it wears him out. I don't know how to put it in perspective that is is no bigger than the family room or the kitchen area, which he does without saying a word.)
After lunch, his vacuuming completed, he came to me and said, "Mom, I'd really like to do something to help you. What can I do?" I thought vacuuming the entire house was more than I had expected, but who am I to turn down a willing offer? So I told him to get a dust rag and dust the railings. He replied, "W-e-l-l, I don't really want to do that job. Could I do something else instead?" So I told him that doing the blinds with the long-handled duster would be great. He thought for a moment and politely said, "Hm. I kind of think I've changed my mind about helping."
3 comments:
That is SO funny. I am just impressed that he offered in the first place! I guess it's the thought that counts. What I want to know is how you got him to vacuum the whole house to begin with?!
He's so cute! I'm impressed he'd vacuum your whole house! What a great kid!
Post a Comment