Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Postponed Purchase

0004889474405_150X150.jpgSince we finished our basement 3 years ago, we've spent a lot of time down there because that is where the office is. It has always been freezing, but I just endure it. Nathan used to spend his work-from-home days at the kitchen table, but since we put in the fancy desk, he's in the basement all the time now. Since winter set in, he wears his jacket to work downstairs. Mind you, he's a hot-blooded fellow, and he rarely even wears a jacket to go outside - it was totally snowing the other day, and he had driven to teach class downtown and then to the office, but his trusty jacket was left at home on his desk chair. We've always talked about needing to install baseboard heaters or get a space heater or something, but I never got around to it. Plus, I didn't know how much they cost, so it was one of those things that I just put off. Well, I felt sorry for my shivering husband, so on my last trip to Wal-Mart I decided to bite the bullet and buy a heater. When I found out a small one cost $12, I felt kind of dumb for waiting 3 years...

4 comments:

Amy said...

It is usually those really expensive purchases that are the most difficult to buy. Maybe since they are so expensive you could have bought 2 and then if you are both down there you can each have your own.

B Flat Major said...

We actually talked about doing that, since Nathan is always bragging about how his toes are so toasty...but I haven't gotten around to buying another one for myself. Maybe in 3 years I will.

Amy Simms said...

Wow! We really need one of those for our boys new bedroom. I have been putting it off also, thinking it would be too expensive! Thanks for doing my homework for me!

Kara said...

How coincidental...we also, within the past week, purchased a small space heater for our freezing cold office. Now I don't have to feel guilty about locking Logan in there until he makes what I consider to be progress on his dissertation...