Thursday, May 21, 2009

Doppelganger Denial

My name is Rachel.  Everyone I meet is dying to create a family resemblance for me.  First they say I look "exactly like my mother."
Maybe a little.  But this is my mom at 6 months old, and I don't see it.
Next they say I look SO MUCH like my older sister Becca.  My mom even used to buy into this for a while.  But as you can see from this picture, that's not even close to true.
No one says I look just like Braden.  But here he is at 6 months old anyway.
My sister Cassidy didn't have many cute pictures at this age.  Here's the best one we could find.  As you can see, she doesn't have so much to offer as far as Rachel-cloning goes.
My mom even delved into the archives for pictures of my aunts and uncles, but didn't have luck finding my baby-twin either.  The closest was this picture of my Uncle Lee.  The baby pictures of my mom's other siblings barely look like they're related to each other, much less to me, so we didn't take the extra 90 seconds to scan in those pictures.

Apologies to all who have tried, but....

My name is Rachel, and I LOOK LIKE MYSELF!!!!

8 comments:

ellen said...

I must agree that my Pitchforth cousins don't resemble each other like us Pattons do. :)

LM said...

Rachel, You are a beautiful baby and be glad that you are unique. I don't look like any of my siblings either but people say I do because we are all tall!

P.S. Tell your mom that I love the new family picture. :)

Anita said...

Do you still have that stylin' Houston Astros hat??? It might fit you now.

Amy Simms said...

Fun pictures! It's funny how babies start out looking alike but get their own look as they get a little older. She is so cute!

Karen said...

I can see a resemblance to the Belliston side and WOW does Aunt Katie look just like Grandma!

Kristen said...

So funny Brenda. I really love the pic of your mom and you. It's a classic and very hottttt!

Ryan said...

Cute family!

I Jumped over after our status conversation about Grpaes, bc your husband looks familiar. Did he grow up in Orem? Attend UVSC or BYU?

"All you need is love" said...

You're smokin' crack that baby looks EXACTLY like both you and Rebecca, denial is right. No worries all three are absolutely gorgeous.