Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rachel in the Backpack



As I have mentioned before, whenever we would go on a hiking trip, I would take the youngest in the backpack. Because of how far apart our children are spaced, we never had more than just the one in the backpack. It was always fun for me to carry the kids around...it gave me a *little* bit of an idea of how Brenda must have felt being pregnant (yes, ladies - I know, it's NO comparison...don't yell at me... ;) )

Since most of our recent trips were to National Parks, I had a lot of opportunities to carry Rachel around. Of all the children, she was probably the best in the backpack. She would just sit there and jabber to me while we would hike. I especially loved when she would fall asleep, leaning against my back.

She also loved just getting into the backpack, and sitting there. I love her face in this picture.

This summer, we are planning a few more hiking trips. It's going to be a bit hard for me to go "bare back" - but I manage. Perhaps I'll actually be able to keep up with Cassidy and Braden now! :)

1 comment:

krista said...

LOVE this picture! She is a darling and looks %100 delighted!