Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm not embarrassed after all

So, after reviewing the results of our informal poll, it looks like I'm about like all the rest of you.  I'm a deep-clean the entire house in one day kind of person: dusting, vacuuming, disinfecting kitchen & bathrooms.  That all happens every week to week and a half.  There is spot cleaning here and there (like doing the kitchen counters with those disinfecting wipes in between the serious Clorox Clean up on cleaning day.)  However, the house is always tidy, with no dishes in the sink, etc.

The final consensus:  The majority of us are weekly cleaners (53% for both disinfecting and vacuuming).  Some others are every two weeks or twice a week.  No one would admit to the slovenliness of once a month cleaning.

Have I mentioned I love having children old enough to learn the value of chores?  Cleaning day is much more enjoyable now that I have someone to share it with:


"Dusting and vacuuming is our one true joy."

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am bummed I missed the cleaning poll. You really do keep a nice clean house. I will tell you the truth that I used to keep my house spic and span. I cleaned once a week WITHOUT fail. I wiped up the floor and vacuumed more often if needed. Now...I am not so dedicated. I am a sloven once a month good cleaner. You might get a little dusting out of me about every other week...and yes I gauge when it is time to really clean by the pink ring in the toilet and the drooping plants that haven't been fed in a while. It is the truth and I am not embarrassed to say it. I am SUPER impressed to see you have maintained a very clean pattern!!

Amber said...

I want to know how you keep your house tidy constantly. That's what I can't seem to figure out. I'll clean deeply (not as often as I should) but it's rare that the whole house is clean all at one time- there is way too much 'undoing' behind me. Tips? Tricks? Help?

Amy Simms said...

Hey Brenda! Your house is always super clean. Watch out, baby number four was the killer of my clean house days. I agree with you though that big kids who can do chores really helps! I love your look alike pictures--those are fun. I am so glad your baby turned for you. Not too much longer! Yeah!