On the upside, I had a doctor's visit today and I am dilated to 1+ cm. Not bad for 35 weeks. I'll certainly take it! I am ricocheting off the wall though. Not in the "I'm excited and jittery just like when I was a kid" sense. More in the sense of, I haven't quite Hit The Wall yet, but I've touched it and bounced back a few times in the last couple of days. I'm just getting ready to be done being pregnant. I love the many iterations of this sentiment you can find in parenting/childbirth magazines:
"Whoever designed pregnancy in the first place knew we'd never be willing to go through labor if the whole nine months was a bed of roses. That last month makes labor seem like the best party in town."My friend Liz brought her baby home from the hospital today. I held him for a while when I went to visit and take her a baby gift. Luckily, it made me excited, not just to be done being pregnant, but excited to have my new baby arrive! I hope she is as cute as my other children. I hope she sleeps as well or better than my other children. I hope she weighs a lot so that more of this baby weight counts as her instead of as me! I hope she is healthy. I hope Nathan really takes 1-2 weeks off work like he said he would/could.
I just realized that as big and round as I feel, I wore a red shirt today. I bet I look like a giant garden tomato. Oh, sad but true. :-)
5 comments:
Best wishes with your remaining weeks! Babies are so worth every minute of miserable discomfort. We all certainly need reminders of this while we are gaining weight, missing sleep (and our toes), battling heartburn, stretching new marks, struggling for breath and the list goes on and on, but why am I writing this? Pregnant women don't need any specific reminders of what ails them. Disregard and good luck!
I bet no one else thinks you look like a tomato :) I bet you look great ~
I love reading your blog, you're so funny!
Thank you for reminding me that I never want to be pregnant again. =)
I HATE being pregnant and the end is just the worst most misearble part. I told Thomas I'd have a dozen kids if I only had to go through labor and not the nine months of HE**!!!!! I hope the next couple weeks are good to you and I hope your hubby can take two weeks off as well. That will make things so much easier on you! Good Luck!
Post a Comment