Sunday, November 9, 2008

Boy, did we luck out

A month or two ago Nathan got online and bought one of those Buy it for Half Price gift certificates you can get at deal websites.  He heard about it on the radio, where it was apparently touted as a 'Chungalicious Freakin Great Deal.'  He paid $25 and a few days later we got a $50 gift certificate in the mail.

We'd wanted to try this restaurant for a while, but it is a non-chain, fancier type restaurant that you don't really take kids to, so we had put it off.  It just so happened that Friday night at 8 p.m. I was reading the news online while I waited for Nathan to get home from work.  (It was one of Those Days.)  I happened to click on a section of the newspaper's website I don't usually visit, and happened to click on a writer I don't usually read, and found out that the restaurant was closing!  They announced Wednesday evening that Saturday night would be their last night of business.  I called Nathan on the phone, totally bummed because our Freakin Great Deal was going to end up a Freakin Great Waste of Money instead!

Luckily, Nathan's nice parents were going to be home on Saturday night, and agreed to watch our four kids so we could go out and use our certificate!  As it turns out, it was a very depressing day for me, and a date with no kids was just what I needed.  And, unfortunately, we L-O-V-E-D the restaurant, so it's too bad our first meal there was also our last!  We felt a little dirt-baggy using what pretty much amounted to a half price coupon on the swan-song night of a poor failing business, but not bad enough to not use it.  Nathan did leave the waitress a pretty good 'sorry you're out a job' sympathy tip though.

On a totally unrelated note, this blog post about Public Restrooms by someone I totally don't know is Hi-larious.  Ladies, share it with your husbands.  And don't forget to read the comments.

1 comment:

robmba said...

Ask your husband - he should know Sterling.