8 TV shows I like to watch
1. The Office ("Your art...was the prettiest art...of all the art.")
2. Heroes (It was jumping the shark, but Monday's tie-everything-in flashback episode redeemed it.)
3. Criminal Minds
4. Mythbusters
5. Law & Order SVU (We use its phonetic name and call it Svoo.)
6. Fringe
7. Without a Trace
8. Oprah (but don't tell anyone)
*It is only fair that I also include the names of shows I do not like to watch. Nathan loves the cheesy new Knight Rider show on NBC. He DVRs it every week, and looks at me with pleading little boy eyes every time we are picking a new show from the menu to watch. I also do not like to watch any of the new comedies out now. I wish there were more funny shows on my list of 8, but we even tried to give some of the new un-funnies a chance, and we just couldn't do it. I also watch Dr. Phil sometimes, but I don't like it. He's pretty impressed with himself nowadays.
8 Things that Happened Yesterday
1. My friend Jana came over to visit and see the baby.
2. I served leftovers for dinner.
3. I snacked less because all the honey roasted peanuts were gone. (I'm doing myself a favor and not buying them again for a while.)
4. I let Rebecca stay up and play with a neighbor friend instead of having a nap.
5. We had a No Screen Time day because I was tired of Rebecca whining about turning off the TV when it was time. Television is not important, and when the kids start acting like it is, it's time for me to prove to them that it is not.
6. I worked out for the first time since I had Rachel. Even though I have a college degree in a health-related field and I know better, I headed straight to the scale to see if I had lost any weight. I hadn't.
7. I gave the baby a bath, and then watched her urp on herself five minutes after I had finished drying, combing, and dressing her. Babies are rude.
8. I vowed to quit picking at my face. My complexion has not gotten markedly better even though I have had the baby, but I decided I look worse when I mess with it, so I'm going to try to be patient with my skin. I also have to be patient with the baby's skin, because her acne is worse than mine and I am dying to pop those little suckers... (Don't worry, I'm not. I just want to.)
8 Favorite Places to Eat
1. Nathan's Grandma Neilson's house. She always has dishes of candy and nuts and hors d'ouvres at her family dinners. Main course was it when I was growing up, so her way is a novelty to me, even though I've been married to Nathan and going to her parties for 9 years now.
2. Baxter's American. See Boy did we luck out. I wish they hadn't closed.
3. Bambara
4. Texas Roadhouse. I went there with my mom for the first time on the night of the Relief Society Broadcast for our girls' night out dinner. It was good, the rolls were fantastic, and I want to go there with Nathan soon because I think he would like it too. Actually, I kind of want to take our kids too, because I hear their items ordered from the kids menu are served in a cowboy hat.
5. Cafe Rio - but I technically don't like to eat there, because it is noisy. Once every month or so I feed the kids whatever table scraps or sandwiches or canned food I can come up with, and then later Nathan goes to get Cafe Rio takeout and brings it home. He gets a burrito, I get a salad, and it is quiet to boot.
6. Anywhere on a picnic
7. The Metropolitan. It's very snooty, but it's fun to go to a snooty place once every couple of years.
8. Olive Garden. I know they are probably microwaving the food in the back straight from Olive Garden Central Processing's massive deep freezer, but it still tastes good to me.
8 Things I'm Looking Forward to
1. Being 3 sizes smaller than this again
2. Rachel sleeping though the night every day every day every day.
3. Cassidy being old enough to babysit her siblings so we can go out on a date more often.
4. Braden starting first grade. This half-day kindergarten garbage is for the birds.
5. The stock market recovery. Not that we've lost millions, but it's just going to be better when the market is on the mend.
6. Christmas. The kids have no idea what they're getting, and I'm excited to see their reactions.
7. Getting a new van. See #5.
8. Obama's inauguration. After months and years of talk, let's get this show on the road and see what he can really do.
8 Things on My Wish List
1. A new light for over my kitchen table (one socket on the current one is shorted out)
2. New exterior lighting (the builder used $7 Home Depot specials that rusted after a year or two)
3. A maid
4. An LCD television for my bedroom
5. A new camera. Doesn't have to be fancy, but ours a few years old and the shutter speed is sooooo sloooooow...
6. New couches for my front room. The ones we have are still in great shape, but I'm just getting tired of them.
7. New bedroom furniture with a king sized bed
8. Two Day Workweeks - Nathan was able to take some sick days when I had the baby, and it was fantastic. We talked about starting a petition, but thought better of it. Not so interested in the Two Day Paycheck.
8 People I Tag
Nobody. I think all y'all have done this one.
3 comments:
Thanks for caving...I hear those Texas Road house rolls are good. I want to try them!
Ahhh, those rolls... pure yumminess. I don't think kids meals come in hats though. But, if it's your birthday you get to sit on a sadle and have the server tell everyone how old you are. And Cafe Rio. I forgot to put that on my list. Rusty and I get take out too. Chips and salsa and a chicken salad to share. Perfect.
Bad news...I tried to sign you up for the free photo book offer thingy, but when I got on to the website, it said that the offer had ended. Boooooo! Sorry about that.
We MUST go to Snake Creek Grill. Even if it's only for the corn cakes! There's also a Mexican place called Tarahumara that I think Nathan would really like. I'm with you on Grandma Neilson's house. My house never had candy dishes (and still doesn't, for the most part), and I love the she gets the candy that she knows is our favorite. I, too, stock my cupboard with sugar-free candy when I'm trying to lose baby weight. And sugar-free pudding. And sugar-free Jell-O. I know that's stooping pretty low, but I have a sweet tooth that must be satisfied in a waistline-friendly manner. Anyway, I'm just rambling now. Yay for your blog! :)
Post a Comment