Saturday, July 26, 2008

Den Meeting



This picture is old, from way back when Cassie was little and we living at BYU in Wyview married student housing, but it shows what a fine piece of loveliness we gave to Deseret Industries.  Nathan was doubtful they would take it until I reminded him, "Have you seen the stuff they sell at DI?  They'll take it."

We had a snafu with Home Depot's special order department, so the cabinetry arrived about 3 weeks ahead of the countertops.  We made do with plywood sheeting on the top so we could at least use it.  Braden's comment was, "I kind of like it but I kind of don't.  Is there anything you can do about all those dark spots on the wood?"

Note the beautiful vinyl tablecloths at each workspace.  Nathan's forearms found out the hard way that plywood is rather splintery.

I hope Braden remains as wowed by his dad as he was during this project.  He told me more than once, "My dad is so amazing.  He can build anything."

Many thanks to Logan for letting us borrow your truck about a hundred times!!  We couldn't have done it without your/its help.

1 comment:

Jill said...

It's beautiful! I love the lighting from the bookshelves. And I am totally jealous.