Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kirkland Ultra Clear, Downy, White King, Shout, & Clorox



Yesterday was Monday.  I always do all the laundry in the entire house on Mondays, because Monday is Laundry Day.  That is how I grew up, and it carried over to me as an adult.  I didn't realize laundry could be a family tradition, but apparently Monday as laundry day goes back more than one generation.  It was my mom's laundry day, and her mom's, and her mom's too.

One laundry habit didn't come from my mom - rather, from Nathan's mom.  While in college we had the charming but predictable habit of bringing our dirty duds with us to wash during Sunday visits, and when she put the load in instead of me, the clothing came back smelling so much nicer and feeling touchably soft...I finally figured out that she used fabric softener instead dryer sheets, and I was an instant convert!  Thanks, Nancy!

There are those who hate doing laundry, but it doesn't bother me.  I buy enough socks, clothes, and undies to last at least a week, and I just do loads all day long (usually 6-7 total) and then I don't have to do it again for another seven days!  Plus I make the kids help me sort it in the morning before the day gets started, and at the end of the day they (even Becca) help me take their clean clothes and put them away in the drawers.

Now, ironing, on the other hand, waits until Braden doesn't have anymore Sunday shirts to wear...and I'm glad I didn't inherit an Ironing Day tradition.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Okay, so I am one of those who HATE laundry. Luckilly for me, Kels and I agreed that he would do laundry and I would clean the toilets. That was our pre-nup! However, I am getting better at doing laundry and not hating it. Today, I did 7 loads and didn't scream once!

LM said...

Hey! Cute blog...but I am more of a blog snooper than you, I found your blog a few weeks ago but have never made any comments...it feels so liberating to be able to let you know that I am here...can I count this as visiting teaching? (Just kidding!)

Karen said...

My mom always washed sheet on Mondays and I do too. I hear ya on ironing. I have a hard time doing it. It used to be easy because I'd do it while Ethan was napping, now I have to watch Wow Wow Wubbzy or some Disney movie instead of Cosby or Gilmore Girls like I'd rather do while ironing.