Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Me & The Sibs




(L to R: Me, Lee, & Katie. Reed is in the back.)










Top 10 reasons I love this picture and the people in it:

1.  It is of all four Belliston children, and all four of us have our eyes open.  

2.  It contains Blue Bell ice cream, the frozen confection of our childhood in Texas. (When my parents would splurge for it, that is. This splurge was courtesy of Lee & Marie, who paid big bucks to have it overnight shipped in dry ice for our Christmas dinner!)

3.  It was taken 7 months ago, when I was still thin.  I'm not even close to my full pregnancy glory yet, but this picture makes me long for the return of my pointy chin, defined waist, and pants with a zipper.

4. It reiterates my long held belief that the four of us brothers and sisters look more like cousins than siblings.  

5.  I am wearing white and I haven't spilled anything on it.

6.  Lee is wearing a shirt and he hasn't spilled anything on it.  (Wink!)

7.  Katie is a great aunt.  She plays toys and games with my kids and they love to spend time with her.  She is also a really good example of someone who is fun to be around and kind to everyone.

8.  Reed makes me laugh.  He is just stodgy enough (what with his accounting major, his habit of borrowing clothes from my dad, and his love of holding on to a dollar) to identify with his old married sister - even so, he always has a funny story, and he's not afraid to use it.  

9.  Lee (and his wife Marie) are really fun to talk to.  Sometimes they come over to our house and visit for hours.  Plus, they invite all 3 of our kids for fun weekends away at their condo, which the kids love and talk about for weeks afterward.  

10. It is of all four Belliston children, and all four of us have our eyes open.  

1 comment:

Anita said...

I think the keys to you four keeping your eyes open is to always take your picture when you are surrounded by food!
Mom