Ever since her friend Blake was diagnosed with leukemia, Cassidy has been itching to cut her hair again and donate it to Locks of Love.
It was fairly long to begin with, but we've been waiting for it to be long enough to cut. Yesterday was the day! Aunt Noelle came up to do the haircut.
Noelle straightened it first, and we were happy to see there was 11 inches to donate.
Cassidy was thrilled to "do service for other children," and she loves her new haircut. In fact, as soon as it was finished, she looked in the mirror and proclaimed, "I look adorable! Is that OK to say? I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but my new hair is REALLY cute!!!!"
I think her new haircut is adorable, too. She wore it straight today, and we'll see in the next few days after we wash it again if it as just as curly as it was 2 years ago when she cut it for her first Locks of Love donation, or if it is getting a little straighter as she ages.
We're pretty sure it's still curly. :-)
6 comments:
That's so awesome! Ashlee has been growing her hair out for Locks of Love as well. She had a student teacher last year that told her she was growing her hair for it and Ashlee came home from school that day and told me she wanted to do it. I think it's finally long enough. I'm ready for short hair again!
That's awesome! My girls' hair doesn't grow that fast. Good for her, it's cute.
I think Cassidy's short hair is aadorable too! And even more than that I am proud of her desire to help other children whose challenges are so great.
grandpa B.
So CUTE Cassidy!
What a great thing to do and she looks SO cute! Good job Cassidy!
How sweet is that. She is such a great kid, you are so lucky!
Post a Comment