Thursday, August 28, 2008

Common Sense? You're Kidding.

Nathan found this blog post made by a former professor, which I found interesting and well-written.

http://warp.byu.edu/site/comment/reply/117

This is what I think about it:
Hallelujah.  I don't even know what to say because this post says it all.  I am only 29, and our government's 'finger in every pot' habits already exhaust, annoy, and frustrate me.  Ctl+Alt+Del full steam ahead!  

P.S.  Can I just tell you how well-funded our retirement would be if we were in charge of our own Social Security withholding?  Even if we could guarantee full disbursement of what we are entitled to?  As for now, we completely discount Social Security funding when making projections for our later years, and sadly, have chosen to consider that as "gravy," taking the dim but financially conservative view that they May or May Not fix the system by the end of 40 years.  Just the tip of the iceberg, friends.

No comments: