Friday, August 1, 2008

Now She's a Creepy Baby

I sat in the living room in a chair after dinner last night, talking the day over with Nathan.  All of a sudden I gasped, sat bolt upright, and eyes wide, said, "GROSS!"  The baby had decided it would be a good idea to give my insides a massage.  She took her foot and ran it top to bottom all along the internal wall of my uterus.  It was the most disconcerting and horrible feeling - almost like someone had snuck up behind me to run a finger down the length of my back - but it sure wasn't on my back.  

It begins:  the time period in which it can sometimes be not as much awe-inspiring as it is annoying to have the baby move inside me!

P.S.  I also had a dream last night that she decided to turn, and I could feel it happening in slow motion.  I was so excited in my dream until she got halfway around, decided it wasn't comfortable, and turned right back around the way she came.

P.P.S.  I just read an article on the internet that said women with breech babies experience more shortness of breath because the head crowds the lungs worse than the feet do when a baby is vertex.  I get winded going up and down the stairs, and lately when I've headed up to my room to work out for the day I've needed to take a one minute rest and sit down before I get up to work out for my 30 minutes- which seems totally counterintuitive!  No wonder I've been feeling like such an out of shape wimp the past few weeks!!  

No comments: