Thursday, September 18, 2008

I got Fresh Today

I got a whole box of fresh peaches from my friend Liz and a whole boatload of tomatoes from my garden yesterday.  So I did two things I've never done before:  I made a fresh peach pie and spaghetti sauce (with homegrown tomatoes and green peppers) from scratch.

My kids told me the sauce was better than the other kind I make.  Rebecca ate as much of the spaghetti as I did.  Nathan is bugging me to write down the recipe "just like I did it so I can make it again."  Hopefully I can recreate it; because I was kind of flying by the seat of my chef pants.

Still lots of peaches left, so tomorrow I think I'll make freezer peaches.  Since he loves freezer peaches, I am Nathan's dream come true.  I hope he realizes it.  :-)

Thanks for the peaches Liz!  (And thanks for the tomatoes, self!)

3 comments:

The Lindsay's said...

I am jealous. Those two things sound like great accomplishments. I couldn't even get my kitchen clean today. It also sounds like some nesting is going on....

Kirsten said...

I love frozen peaches...thaw them out slightly and serve over vanilla ice cream, yum!

liz said...

Your friend Liz must be really nice!