Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Braden's Queer Eye


Braden likes to comment on my outfits during pregnancy, and he always notices if I am wearing a new dress or blouse.  It's actually quite endearing to hear my five year old boy say (in a completely masculine, un-gay way of course) "I like your uternity shirt, Mom."  Other synonyms for the elusive 'maternity' word he is unable to master include eternity, internity, & aternity.  I keep thinking he'll start saying it right, but I don't really care if he does.  :-)

He just came in after playing outside for 20 minutes, and he smells like it.  I call the scent "Outside Kid."  Not quite sweaty, not quite stinky, but distinctively stale.  He'll be having a bath sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

Amy Simms said...

I like the new layout of your blog, it looks really good! I love when kids miss pronounce words once in awhile and sound so cute!

Amy said...

I actually call that boy stink. It makes me VERY happy that I am a girl!