Monday, July 7, 2008

Cassidy's Baptism



Cassidy was baptized over the weekend.  It was a wonderful day.  The service got to be done completely by our family since she was the only one from our ward being baptized this month.  As I suspected I would, I cried through Braden and Cassidy singing I am a Child of God during the program, and most of the way through my mom's wonderful baptism talk on making covenants. During the program I felt that even though I already knew the church was true, I received another witness that the gospel of Jesus Christ is real.  I remember thinking that I did not know how anyone in the meeting could deny the truths of what were spoken that day.  







Cassidy was lucky enough to have two sets of grandparents and two sets of great-grandparents attend, along with aunts, uncles, cousins Olivia and Harrison, and her friends Tessa, Kierra,
Levi, and Isabelle.  Cassie was so happy, and we were very proud to be with her while she made one her first important life choices.









with Grandpa & Grandma Belliston






with Uncle Lee & Aunt Marie

      




with Uncle Reed 







with Aunt Katie

8 comments:

ellen said...

Congrats! Did someone make her cute dress?

B Flat Major said...

No, her great-grandma gave it to her for her birthday, but Nathan's mom replaced the "frayed way bad ugly silk flower" (her words) with a nice rosebud ribbon in the front instead.

D'Neill said...

wasn't it the best day ever? tell her congrats for us, that is awesome! Her hair has gotten so long since we've seen her. has she had it cut again since that first time when she donated it?

B Flat Major said...

She had it cut once since she donated her hair to Locks of Love in kindergarten. She's actually just a few months away from cutting and donating it again.

Anita said...

I so enjoyed a special moment with Cassidy at the park on her birthday. "Grandpa, can just you and me stroll around the park?" "Of course." Then while walking, "Grandpa, do you remember anything about when you were baptized? "Yes, but only as I was leaving the building and I stopped by a bush because a special feeling came over me where I just felt totally and completely 'clean'; I hope you will have that kind of feeling too Cassidy." Grandpa Belliston

Logan Toone said...

We are so sorry we missed Cassidy's baptism. The pictures are great, and we're very proud of her decision. It's crazy that she's old enough to be baptized!

Lee and Marie said...

Well I didn't look at your blog yesterday but after your mom said you posted pics from the baptism I got scared wondering what that picture of Lee & I with Cassidy would look like... its not as bad as I imagined I just still know we weren't really ready for that picture and I should have made your mom give us a second shot at it! But hey Lee's eyes are open and Cassidy looks absolutely beautiful and that is all that counts! :) That was an AWESOME day/experience! Thanks for letting us be a part of it! Oh and I still really like your new dress... very cute!

aunt b said...

You don't know me but I was searching for some ideas for a baptism talk for my niece's baptism on Saturday. Your blog came up and I was wondering if you could give me the details of your moms talk using the white balloons.

Funny thing, my niece's last name is Toone. Small world.

You can reply to pettsix@comcast.net

Thanks!
Brenda Pett