Friday, August 15, 2008

Cheating Fate and Up too Late

I stayed up too late tonight.  Partly because I was painting some wooden decorations for the wall in the baby's room, and partly because Nathan was working late, and partly because I was watching these two on TV until midnight.

And I ate two pieces of chocolate zucchini cake at 11:00 p.m.  I should be ashamed of myself, but I'm not, really.

I also feel like I am thumbing my nose at fate this week.  I have passed the point where I was put on bed rest during my last pregnancy.  I still have a recognizable belly button.  And this week I didn't gain the usual pound-a-week that is typical for the last trimester. Ha!  (Just for the gloating, I'm sure that next week fate will send me 2 or 3 pounds, 3 minute apart contractions, and the demise of my belly button.  But I gotta take my moment when I can!!)

1 comment:

D'Neill said...

you are better than me, I couldn't stay up that late, I had to record it and watch it this morning! When I fast forwarded to where I shut it off, I realized there was only about 20 minutes left. I thought it was a great ending! Oh yeah, I tried your zucchini recipe (with parmesan, bread crumbs..), so yummy! Jeremy really liked it, too! Thanks for sharing!