They took a trip to California two weeks ago, and one thing they did was take my sister Katie to the Pantages Theater in Hollywood to see Wicked the Musical. They had parked in a lot and were walking around seeing the sights and finding dinner while they waited for the doors to the theater to open. They were waiting on a corner to cross the street, and in front of them were two "Dudes." You know, long hair, earrings, baggy pants, the works. Well, both my family and the Dudes noticed a small group of men approaching the other corner across the street. The men were dressed in the conservative manner of Orthodox Jews, with black suits and hats and prayer shawls. One Dude turned to the other and said, "Whoa man. Look at those guys. Do you think they're Mormons??" My dad leaned forward and interjected, "No, they're not, but the three of us are!" Dude appeared shocked, and said surprisedly, "Well then what are they?" My dad responded, "I think they're Jewish," but it was apparent from their expressions that Two Dudes never expected to have three Mormon people standing with them on the sidewalk looking so undetectably normal!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
:) That's hilarious! I'm glad he set those dudes straight.
So FUNNY! I would have loved to see that!
That is a great story! I'm glad your dad said something. How funny!
Post a Comment