As a matter of fact, I did feel quite Yuchy. (Previously I had felt yucky, but after reading the card I decided that Yuchy was a better description.) Later that evening I was able to eat Sick Soup (The Lipton noodle soup that comes in a red box) and a bowl of Lucky Charms - proving that I was better. Because really, who can eat Lucky Charms on a queasy stomach?
On a related note, I found myself in self-congratulation mode once I was feeling better. As I patted myself on the back for restraint in not eating for 24 hours and staying in bed all day, I just 'knew' that was why I never tossed my figurative cookies. Why is it that when the flu strikes we feel like we have any sort of control over the disease progression? Goodness knows I wouldn't have beaten myself up if I had felt any sicker....
Do any of you do that too?
On a related note, I found myself in self-congratulation mode once I was feeling better. As I patted myself on the back for restraint in not eating for 24 hours and staying in bed all day, I just 'knew' that was why I never tossed my figurative cookies. Why is it that when the flu strikes we feel like we have any sort of control over the disease progression? Goodness knows I wouldn't have beaten myself up if I had felt any sicker....
Do any of you do that too?
6 comments:
I'm glad your feeling better and a congratulations to Cassidy for being so clever. I think that is great. BTW yes, I have recently lost 15 lbs. Thank you for noticing and boosting my self esteem!
Kids can be so fun. I love the card and how creative she was. (: She'll get a good laugh out of that some day. Hope you're still feeling great!
I am glad you are feeling better. That is such a cute card. Things like that make my closets full of boxes of papers. I can't seem to throw away cute projects and notes that Bri makes! :)
Next time I'm sick can you ask Cassidy to make me a card?
So glad you're feeling better. I don't think moms should physically be able to get sick. What a sweetie for making you a card though. ;)
I hate feeling like that. I'd rather have a huge head ache than a queasy tummy. I never know, is it better to get rid of what'sin your tummy or not?
Post a Comment