Yesterday the three kids and Harrison, Braden's neighbor friend, spent the whole afternoon playing in the snow in our backyard. They created a Nativity Scene, which would have been better captured from 8 feet high, but I was not about to tromp through the snow from the garage and haul a ladder all around the backyard just to get the 'money shot.' As peeved as I was to honor Cassidy's request to hurry and get on my snow boots and go take their picture -- I had sticky coconut candy all over my hands from rolling homemade Mounds centers -- I was glad I did, because their Living Nativity was pretty funny. Here is it below. The children are playing the characters of the Holy Family, and if you look closely, you can see they made an outline of a stable above them in the snow. Rebecca is at the top, playing The Angel within a snow angel she has made.
It was confirmed by all three children that Harrison insisted on being Mary in their live nativity, and it took convincing to get him to agree to his role as baby Jesus.
If you look closely you can see the outline of the Christmas star above Rebecca's head.
At the end of the brief photo shoot I told Cassie I was glad I came out to take pictures because their idea was really funny. She replied, "Are you going to put it on your blog? That is the whole reason I even did it." Shameless publicity seeker. She's become the Paris Hilton of my blog, minus the trashy outfits and mindless prattle...
6 comments:
It's ALWAYS ALL about the blog!!
Pretty clever!!
At least she is presenting good material...a true star does think through presentation before getting the photographer!
That is so cool!
Those pictures are pretty cute. Harrison said Cassidy was really bossy and made them stay cramped up in the snow. I now see why. I was wondering what all this talk was about a snow nativity. She is very creative.
Bri always asks me if every picture I take is going to be on my blog, but I think she is exasperated with me at this point because she can't do anything without it showing up on my blog! Your kids are too cute, and very creative...loved the angel!
Post a Comment