I actually took a camera to Temple Square and the ward Christmas party this year, which I have never done before. Blogging probably had something to do with it. (Am I becoming a Fame Floozy just like Cassidy? Perish the thought...)
We got to hear Aunt Katie's Show & Chamber choir give a concert in the Church History Museum and play in the children's area of the museum afterwards. Since it was a weeknight it wasn't very busy on the square while we saw the lights. We only misplaced Braden once, but we didn't have to panic because there weren't hordes of people to search through and his Grandpa Belliston was misplaced right along with him. The only downside of the evening was that we missed the lights that the church used to put on the giant oak trees. For us grownups who remember them, it made the trip to see the lights a little disappointing and 'meh'-inducing. Perhaps the Church is temporarily feeling the effects of the recession as well? I hope so, because if they've stopped lighting my big pink tree forevermore, I'm gonna be pretty bummed. One of my favorite parts: hearing both Cassidy and Braden say, unprompted, "Thank you for letting us stay up way past our bedtime and taking us to see the lights!"
1 comment:
How funny about the pink tree. I was so excited to wheel Sophie under it since she can only see the things above her and to my dismay there was no huge pink tree.
It was kinda a disappointment...
Post a Comment