Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"Beach Day" - Random Outing 2



Another out-of-the-blue "random" trip we made was to the Great Salt Lake. We went to Antelope Island last June, and took the kids to see the buffalo, tour the farm, visitors center, and walk in the lake.

We took a picnic lunch - and the kids kept throwing their food at the seagulls.

Becca's favorite part was walking in the lake - we had to walk across the sandbar for quite a ways - and she kept calling it "Beach Day".

"Dad - remember when we had Beach Day? That was a lot of fun. We need to do Beach Day again!" she would say.

I loved this picture of Rachel (even though she has a dirty face). She looks so pensive, and calm. She was a wonderful baby and daughter. I love her so much!

I would *LOVE* for the opportunity to do Beach Day with Becca and Rachel again. It never got warm enough - so we never were able to. We'll probably try to go with Cassidy and Braden again this year some time...hopefully the memories we've made there will serve to make us happy when we return, rather than sad.

2 comments:

Amy said...

You can see how strong/mature her spirit is when you look at this picture. You have amazing kids! I also love the dirty faces on babies...it is their true and natural state!

Melissa said...

I'm so impressed with your families ability to make memories. Thanks for sharing so many of them.