Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Wonky Toe



Rachel was born with what we called a "Wonky Toe". The doctor thinks that the second toe on her left foot had some amniotic banding, and caused it not to develop the last bone in the joint.

You can see how the nail and that toe isn't quite formed right.

We were always afraid that she would be self-conscious about it - and that she wouldn't want to wear sandals, for example, as she grew older. Sadly, we don't have to worry about that now.

That toe was one of the things that made her "Rachel". I'm a bit disappointed that she won't have it the next time we see her - as she will be perfect in form and stature.

I love her and miss her so much!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Okay... not sure if my last comment posted - there was a funky error page.

I'm so glad you thought to take a picture of her toe when she was a baby. There is something so yummy about baby feet. They are so kissable.