Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Kings and Queens
This is the last picture we took of all our kids - just a week or so before the girls died.
Cassidy, Braden, and Rebecca all decided that they wanted to play "King and Queen" so they all dressed up. They even dressed up Rachel. She thought she was so cute! We thought so too - and couldn't help but take pictures of them.
The bead necklaces that the girls are all wearing were Rachel's favorite. They were just cheap necklaces that we got from a work party last Christmas. She would put them on and wear them all around the house. "CUUUUUUTE" was all she would say. That was her way of letting us know that she was being silly, I think. Last night, we found one of them hidden away in a closet - so Brenda wore it in her memory.
Here they are sitting on their throne. I miss my family. It is hard to have half of them gone from me for the remainder of this life. I know, however, that we will be able to be reunited again and continue to raise those sweet little girls. I can't wait to hold, snuggle, hug, and kiss their sweet faces again!
I also love Braden and Cassidy, and I am so very grateful that I get to spend the remainder of my life here with them. They were, and still are, excellent older siblings. I know that they were sent to us first for the purpose of them helping us all through this experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You guys! I'm loving all these beautiful posts about your sweet children. By having our children around the same age, so many of your memories ring true for us as well.... the same CUTE beads, the same shirt a few times, dad with the baby etc. I have thought many times since your girl's passing to treasure the moment, treasure the moment. You have taught us that. Having said that though, I know you would prefer not to have been the teacher in this instance.
I also loved what you said about working through the things that are hard. It is hard. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. We are strengthened through your example.
Hello Nathan and Brenda,
I am Mary Jane's aunt....Thank you for posting these lovely memories of all your children. They take your breath away and tell me how quickly time passes and who knows what tomorrow may bring. I am in awe of your strength and know you will see you little girls again.
I say Rubber duckies rule!
Our prayers are with you....
love
amy
Post a Comment