Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Girls



Here are all my girls!

You can see where they all get their beautiful looks (from Brenda). Though I had someone once tell me "Your girls must have gotten your looks...because your wife still has hers!" :)

I love all these girls! Every one of our children have truly been "mama's girls" - and they generally would want to spend time with her. The only exception was when I would try to take (sometimes forcefully) the youngest during family vacations so that Brenda could have a "true" vacation.

I also would take them during church. I have always tried to take care of the children during church - taking them out of the meeting when they need it, and taking them to priesthood when I could. These past few months are the first time since I was a primary teacher (almost 6 years ago) that I haven't had a baby with me during the 3 hours of church. It's kind of hard to get used to. This past Sunday, I was pretty sad because my shoulder was lonely.

Rachel would have been going into nursery in about a month. It was a time we were really looking forward to - but now, it's a bittersweet time. I am glad, however, that the primary in our ward has reprinted the class lists so as not to have Rachel and Rebecca's names on the doors. I was afraid of looking, for fear that it would make me upset. I looked a couple of weeks ago, and noticed that they had been removed. I find that small things like that really make a big difference in my life, and I am thankful for the thoughtfulness and compassion of others.

I miss having Rachel. I miss having Rebecca. I would give anything to have them back! However, I know that all things we endure are for a purpose - I just pray that one day I may be made aware of that purpose...so I can rejoice in the grand scheme of things.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Another great post. I liked what you said about the primary lists. I'm sure those reminders are all around you guys. Some good... some tough, I'm sure.

The other day, someone mentioned you guys and didn't realize we knew you.

They told me how they have been praying for your family. Your circle of support has wide stretching arms.

Your two beautiful girls are not forgotten.

Alan Anderson said...

Nathan, Thank you for letting us be a part of your Blog. It brings a bright spot to our working day. What a great example for us to learn from. Love, Grandma N.