Monday, December 8, 2008

Blessing Day

We blessed Rachel yesterday.  Nathan gave her a nice blessing, and all her grandfathers and uncles (except the youngest, who wasn't yet old enough) were able to stand in the circle for the ordinance.

Her blessing dress was handmade by Rachel's aunt Marie.  She said it took over 30 hours to crochet.  Isn't she a lucky little girl to have a handmade heirloom like that to keep forever?  Maybe when she grows up her little girls could even wear it too!


I was shocked to see that when compared to old pictures of Rebecca on her blessing day and me on mine (both at around 2 months old), that Rachel does not look as much like her sister as I thought.  She absolutely has her own face, but I now think the resemblance has swung all the way to looking like her mother - for better or for worse!

This is Rebecca on her blessing day:


And this is me on mine.  I wish my parents had saved that fine lookin' couch so we could continue its use as backdrop for perpetuity.  My poor daughters had to settle for blankets.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

:( I'm sad I missed it. We didn't make it to church at all because of sicknesses.

Melissa said...

She looks soooo cute though!!

ellen said...

She's adorable and the dress is beautiful!

The Lindsay's said...

She is adorable. Those are fun days. Congratulations.

Jill said...

What a beautiful dress! I have a few dresses that my grandmother crocheted (sp?) for me. What a treasure these handmade creations are.

Karen said...

What a pretty dress. And I agree, where is that lovely couch? My parents recovered theirs and then gave it away.

Anita said...

Hey! Quit making fun of the couch. That was high style in the mid 1970's. You spent many FHE's sitting on that couch, it may be the reason you are the person you are today!!
Mom

Nicki said...

WOW! That dress is AMAZING! What a beautiful baby!!

D'Neill said...

I love the dress!!! I love baby blessing days, so special. Interesting having the 3 baby pics to compare!

LM said...

I noticed the dress when Nathan was holding her after the blessing, it is amazing. Such a cute baby, and I agree, she looks more like you did in your picture!