Friday, October 31, 2008

I'm not as think as you Spoiled I am

The Best Baby Ever may have left many of you with a false impression.  Rachel did indeed sleep through the night on her fifth day of life, but she did not continue the practice.  After that she was still getting up once a night, so it did turn out to be a fluke.  However, last night she slept from 11:00 p.m. until 6:45 a.m.  So either I'm going to get a good night's rest every five days or so, or pretty soon she'll start getting consistent.  I vote for consistent, if I get to pick.

Other musings on having a newborn --

I feel like I smell weird.  All day, even not long after showering, I feel like I smell stale.  I think it's the breastfeeding that makes me feel like this.  Nathan insists I smell normal.

We had a family gathering last weekend, and we took a large family picture since everyone was there.  I saw the pictures, and I certainly do NOT want a copy this time.  I know I need to lose 20-25 pounds, and I know I am only 5 days postpartum in the picture.  But how is it that needing to lose 18% of your body weight makes me look fully twice as wide in a photograph?  Can someone explain to me the physics behind that?

The kids have the day off school today.  They're all in the backyard with neighbor friends, on Halloween, making a leaf pile to jump in, and it's 70 degrees out.  How perfect is that?

2 comments:

Amy said...

I agree on the funny smell..I think it might be the mark of the mom..I don't know.

In regards to the weight...my friend shed some light on this for me...we just have a warped sense of self size. Since we were quite large (being pregnant) we envision ourselves quite small right after losing the baby. Sadly we are still fat...oh excuse me..I meant thick skinned, big boned, height challenged...whatever..just still fat. It will come off..you worked hard throughout your entire pregnancy. If it doesn't come off quickly for you then I will feel MUCH better because I only exercised until I started throwing up (about 10 weeks) and my extra "love" is not coming off quickly (I was having a no-exercise complex).

liz said...

I think I smell too. Steve says I don't...but I swear I do.

Yeah the weight thing isn't fun...I go in for my 6 week today and I am scared of getting on the scale.