Monday, October 13, 2008

Nathan No Likey

Normally I love all things generic - especially generic medicine.  Because really, why pay more for something required by the FDA to work exactly the same as the one with the fancy packaging?

Well, Nathan has had a cold for a week or so now, and he gave me a reason.  He insists that the Wal-Mart version of The nighttime sniffling sneezing coughing aching stuffy head fever so you can rest medicine tastes like Liquid Satan.

So I had to buy him this:


4 comments:

Nathan Toone said...

And that's proof that you love me ;)

robmba said...

Sometimes generics and store brands are just as good or better than the high priced brands. Sometimes they're definitely not, though.

In a different product category, Kraft barbecue sauce is another example of a cheap brand that could possibly be confused with liquid Satan. Not worth the buck or so you might save over buying a real BBQ sauce.

Amy said...

I agree...I like a minimum of generic brands, but they do tend to be generic for a reason...usually taste.

Kara said...

I wasn't aware that Satan had a flavor (in liquid form or otherwise). Have you been hanging out at the liquor store? If so, could you PLEASE get me some good bouron, for cryin' out loud?!