Friday, October 10, 2008

A Pumpkin for Becca

We're not in a joy school group this year because Rebecca won't start kindergarten for 3 more years, but luckily a nice friend of ours invited us to go on their neighborhood preschool field trip.  It was lots of fun, especially since there was a group of around 20 little girls and boys from our area.  We got to do a hayride, pick a pumpkin, learn about the vegetables the farm grows, and play on their way cool slides made from stacked bales of hay.

Riding the Cow Train at the pumpkin patch.  Not too accurately named, because the majority of the cars on the Cow Train were pigs.


I was lucky she wanted a small pumpkin this year.  I don't think I could've helped her haul around a large one!

She looks like a new mom, staring in wonderment at a newborn baby.  At least I didn't waste the $4 I spent for her admission to the pumpkin patch!


The tractor driver stopped in the middle of the vegetable fields, went out and picked corn, carrots and onions, and brought them back for the kids to see.  It was really cute to see them get so excited about the straight-from-the-ground vegetables.  Rebecca knows that we can grow tomatoes and peppers and zucchini in our home garden, but sometimes I wonder if she thinks there's a produce factory for everything else in the back room of the grocery store.

Don't you love her stylin' Boys' Size 8 jacket?  We got to the pumpkin patch and it was much colder and windier than it had been at our house.  Luckily a nice friend of ours offered her son's extra jacket from the back of her car.

No comments: