I look nothing like the lady in this picture - but I feel strong and powerful! I get to have a baby in two days, and I exercised five days a week for my entire pregnancy - my last workout session was yesterday. I am so proud of myself, I can hardly stand it. I rock.Sidenote that has nothing to do with my Rockitude: When I woke up this morning the top of my uterus (the fundus, for all those who know what that is) was 2-3 inches lower than it was when I went to bed. I've heard and read about lightening and pelvic engagement, and was pretty sure I noticed it 3-4 weeks before Rebecca was born, but I have never seen an overnight change like that!! The bonus is that my sucker-punch soreness from last week has been gone all day. I asked Nathan to look at me in profile and see if he noticed a difference, and he said, "Yeah. Totally. (pointing) You have a big bump..." "Really?" I said, peering down to try and take a look. "Yeah, it's right above your bladder and it goes all the way up to above your bellybutton."
Smart aleck. (After he finished sassing me he did admit I looked different though.)
9 comments:
You do rock! I need to get back on the workout wagon. I have no excuses.
I am very impressed! I'm just satisfied with getting my shoes on after 36 weeks, to me that feels like a sufficient workout.
Don't have the baby today, because the 20th is my birthday (and Randy's) and we like sharing birthdays.
Woo Hoo! Good luck tomorrow...I will be thinking about you!
Way to go on the working out thing. I use pregnancy as an excuse to not. Good luck with the delivery, we can't wait to hear about it! Hopefully you won't have a 10 pound whopper like me!
I wanna be just like that if I ever have another kid! (Work out my whole pregnancy.)
That is quite fab that you worked out that often, that makes such a difference on bouncing back after. I wouldn't know personally, but the little extra I was able to do my last pregnancy compared to my first, helped me not gain as much as my first. Unfortunately I was heavier starting out with my second so...wah, wah, wah.
Congratulations on many fronts -- first, for the working out (you know about my (non) relationship with exercise), and second -- for squeezing that kid out! Whoopee! We want to come and visit!
Congratulations Brenda and Nathan; Welcome to the world sweet Rachel! We are glad to hear everyone is doing well.
Yay! Congrats! I wish I could have kids that fast! Mine take about 15 hours. I can't wait to see her!
Post a Comment