Friday, October 24, 2008

Rachel at the Hospital, Pictures Galore

What a cute face to see!  Even now that she's been home for a few days - her eyes seem permanently shut like that.  She likes things dark.



with Grandpa Belliston, who came to the birth

Grandma Belliston watched her get born too.

My mom thinks this looks like one of those newspaper photos whose captions read: "Russian woman gives birth to 18 pound giant baby!"  




Braden was so cute when he first saw Rachel.  His eyes were full of excitement as soon as he saw her.  After getting a good look at her in the bassinet, he came over to me, put his head on my shoulder, and said, "Mom, she's the cutest person in our whole family.  She's so pretty."




Where did your giant tummy go Mom?


I could not get over this hair.  I knew she had a lot of hair right when she was born, but since it was wet, we didn't even come close to getting the full effect in the delivery room.  I gasped and then laughed when Rachel came back from her first bath.  It does lie down more flat than this when you comb it, but it likes to stick up on top still.  Nathan gave her a fauxhawk after her bath last night.  Maybe tomorrow we'll see what happens with those little velcro curlers.


Rachel LOVED getting in her car seat for the first time.  

10 comments:

Jill said...

Brenda you look fantastic! The pics of me after having Lauren? Not so fantastic...

I love these shots of Rachel with her sibs; especially the one of Rebecca reaching for her. Adorable.

Jill said...

Oh, and LOVE that hair!

Amy said...

CUTE BABY!! Love the hair. It is so funny to have kids with hair...hers is LONG! Sophie got hers buzzed on Saturday so she does not have much anymore at the moment. Can't wait to see her in person!

Andrea said...

Those are such great pictures! You really make a beautiful mom. I wish that I had looked like that after having Jaxon. I looked and felt like a mess. You look like you feel great and you look really good too.

I love the new baby, and what GREAT hair!

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

She's so beautiful.. I love her hair! Congratulations, Toone Family :) And you do TOO have a cute cry-face!

Nicki said...

She is SO sweet! What a cute family you have! Great pics. Congratulations!! We are glad she arrived safely.

robmba said...

Fish, wouldn't it have been easier to just take the pictures than cover your face with that mask if you didn't want to be in the pics?

Congrats on the baby and on getting pictures posted so quickly, unlike some people I know.

Amy Simms said...

She is totally beautiful! I love all her hair. You look amazing and I am so glad that all went smoothly! What a fun pre-Halloween present!

LM said...

She is so CUTE! I love how excited the other kids look in all of the pictures, I bet they were so happy to see her!

Larissa said...

Congratulations Brenda!!! I've been busy and haven't blogged in awhile so I was excited to see you had your baby! You look amazing and the baby is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing all the kids' birth stories. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to documenting mine as well.