Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The End is even more Nigh

Whether I go into labor or can have my induction, today was my last doctor's appointment.  Nothing too exciting.  Still 2 cm and -2 station, but more effaced, at 80%.  Just like last week, it's progress, but it's not impressive.  I asked to have my membranes stripped, but she said that they had already separated from the cervix on their own.  That, plus her statement that I was 'very soft' made it kind of sound like maybe I'll go into labor on my own soon...I sure hope so!!  Her guess at the baby's size was high 7 to low 8 pound range.  My guess, based on how big and uncomfortable and sore I feel, is that she weighs about 30 pounds.  I've been seeing shooting stars occasionally over the past week and a half, so we drew blood work just to be safe and rule out PIH.  I'm sure everything is fine.

The top of my ginormous belly has been sooo sore this week.  I feel like I've been sucker punched a couple of times.  I mentioned it to some friends, and no one except my fellow shorties even knew what I was talking about.  My doctor said only her short clients complain about this and said she thinks that overall her shorter patients are the most uncomfortable of all.  Ha!  Vindicated!

Washed all the sheets and bedding today.  I don't feel like I'm nesting, but I do feel like getting most everything done that I can ahead of time.  It boggles my mind that I have any sort of interest in washing sheets, yet I have no desire to decide what to have for dinner tonight.  Do you suppose there are many types of lazy, and select versions can co-exist in the same person at any given time?

Nathan brought me fresh strawberry cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory on the way home from work yesterday.  Holy moly, it was good.  It's a good thing we don't live closer to that place.  Maybe I'll go eat some of the leftovers right now.  Maybe I'll have that for dinner, and the kids can eat canned soup.  Yeah, that's the ticket.  :-)

7 comments:

Andrea said...

No doubt! Us shorties have it horrible. I carried Jaxon posterior, so he was in my back ribs almost the last month to month and a half. I couldn't even sit without crying!!!

Jennifer said...

Hopefully she'll come soon, but at least you're down to less than a week. That cheesecake sure looks tasty. I'm sure it's even better when you're pregnant and craving everything. Hang in there.

robmba said...

When you ask about the different types of lazy existing in a person at the same time, I believe you're referring to structured procrastination.

The Lindsay's said...

I feel for you. I was just reflecting on last year since it's Lauren's birthday tomorrow. I remember how miserable I was. I say do whatever you want. If you want to clean then do it. If you want cheesecake for dinner then eat it! And thank you again for reminding me I never want to do that again! Good luck!

Melissa said...

I bet you'll be in labor on Thursday! I'm excited for you that it's getting close! It sure sounds like you could go any minute!

Karen said...

Nights when I didn't want to cook when I was pregnant, and even now, we get Wendy's, Hogi Yogi, or pizza from somewhere. Soup is probably better though. Even pancakes, I make those when I don't feel like cooking. Good luck with going in to labor on your own. Let me know what that's like!

Amber said...

I hope you have a baby by now!