Friday, October 3, 2008

Eye like it, Eye love it


I took my kids for their first checkups at the eye doctor yesterday.  Our optometrist is very friendly and kind to children, which made for a great introductory experience.  Even 3 year old Rebecca exclaimed, "Mom, the doctor for my eyes was Suuuper Nice."  In fact, Cassidy was quite dismayed when told that you generally visit the eye doctor once a year.  "But Mom, he was sooooo nice!  I was hoping I would get to see him again much sooner than that."

The other funny thing was how impressed all the office staff were with my children.  I will admit, they were very good, especially considering we did all three appointments at once and were there for almost 2 hours.  But the ladies at reception went on (and on and on and on) saying, "Oh, your children are SO well behaved!"  "What a nice job you have done raising such polite and pleasant kids."  "I sure hope your new baby is a beautiful as your other two girls!"  Even the doctor commented on what nice children they were after the last exam was complete.  Now, I'm not one to hold back credit where credit is due, because like I said before, I was very happy with them - and they got to have ice cream after dinner that day, which doesn't usually happen on a  weeknight.  However, I did think more than once, "What kind of hellions do you usually have come through here?!?!?!?"

2 comments:

Amy Simms said...

Wow you are brave to take them all at once! I HATE the eye dotor. The dim lights make me sleepy. Your tag post was lots of fun. I just spent may too much time adding music and a slide show to mine, so maybe I will do that one later! Have a happy day!

Jewels said...

Hey Brenda, who was your doctor?? Cameron failed his vision screening at school and I have to take him to a specialist pronto. I would love to have him go to someone who your kids loved!!